Friday, June 27, 2008

Firefox 3, MS Word, and Web 2.0 apps

My habit has been to author my posts in Word, put in links and formatting there, use it for spell check and page length, and then when I'm reasonably happy with the document copy and paste into a Blogger post. The formatting is preserved mainly (Blockquotes are one thing that has to be put in afterwords and embedding a video is another). I've been doing that for a while and pretty happy with the process.

It no longer works with Firefox 3. For reasons that are beyond me, the copy no brings up all of Microsoft's specific xml crapola into the document and it ends up screwing up the formatting and making things icky. I wasted a lot of time yesterday trying to clean up such a document in a Wiki I was wokring on.

This seems like a step backword. I'd be interested in hearing whether other have had similar experiences. I may switch to IE as my primary browser, or even try Opera.

No comments: